Who doesn’t love a loaded potato skin? With football season upon us, it’s time to make some snacks to share with family and friends while cheering on our favorite teams. This vegetarian version of a party favorite— using Hanley’s Bacom Bits— might be the MVP of football season.
- Russet Potatoes
- Shredded Mexican blend cheese
- Light Sour cream
- Hanley’s Bacom bits
- Boil potatoes for 20-30 minutes until fully cooked
- Allow to cool, then halve each potato and scoop out the inside using a spoon
- Fill potatoes with Shredded Mexican blend cheese and sprinkle with salt and pepper
- Bake for 20 minutes or until cheese is fully melted and potatoes reach crispy perfection
- Top the potato skins with a sour cream drizzle, chives, and Hanley’s Bacom Bits
- Enjoy, snap a photo and tag @HanleysFoods on Instagram
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 1 hour
Serves: 2 people per potato
Pro Tip: Wondering how to perfect a “sour cream drizzle?” Add sour cream to a plastic sandwich baggy and carefully cut one of the bottom corners and squeeze the sour cream out onto your potato skins.