BALT it up. This sandwich hits all the taste buds: salty, savory, spicy, and sweet.
- 2 slices wheat bread, buttered & toasted
- 2-3 bacon strips, cooked (oven works best when cooking for 4)
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- Romaine lettuce, ripped into large pieces
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- Hanley's Pepper Jelly vinaigrette
- Butter and pan-toast each slide of bread
- Drizzle Pepper Jelly vinaigrette over bottom slice
- Layer bacon, lettuce, avocados, tomatoes
- Add another thin coat of Pepper Jelly vinaigrette and top with other slice of bread.
- Could also be used as a wrap.
- Tadda! BALT Up!
Prep Time: 10 mins.
Serves: 1 person
Pro Tip: Stack toppings in this order, the sauce over the tomatoes & avocados make it superb.
About the Author
Richard is the founder and CEO of Hanley's. When he's not making dressing or croutons, he's running, biking, or swimming while eating a salad.