Recipe from Louisiana Cookin: Sensation Salad is a favorite in Baton Rouge. We jazzed up this recipe by grilling romaine and topping it with shrimp, tomatoes, and Hanley’s Sensation Dressing.
- 2 romaine hearts, halved lengthwise, rinsed, and patted dry
- 24 peeled and deveined large fresh shrimp
- ½ cup grape tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- ¼ cup thinly sliced red onion
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- ½ cup Hanley’s Sensation Dressing
- Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Lightly spray with cooking spray. Working in batches, placeromaine halves, cut side down, onto grill pan. Cook until grill marks form, 1 to 2 minutes. Set aside.
- Working in batches, add shrimp to grill pan, and cook until pink and firm, 1 to 2 minutes per side.
- Place romaine, grilled side up, on a serving platter. Top with shrimp, tomatoes, onion, and parsley. Drizzle with dressing. Serve immediately.
About the Author
Richard Hanley Jr.
Richard is the founder and CEO of Hanley's. When he's not making dressing or croutons, he's running, biking, or swimming while eating a salad.